Hackney Borough Council
To deliver a public space CCTV mobile application. From use as an emergency response forward control point, to dealing with antisocial behaviour – this project involved adapting our current Night Owl masts to meet individual requirements.
Woodway Engineering joined forces with 360 Vision to develop an industry first, mobile CCTV solution that provides significant advantages over traditional systems, designed and built in the UK.
After being allocated a budget to build a new vehicle, Hackney Council commissioned Wilcox and King to provide a non-intrusive mast solution. The proposed vehicle was a compact Mercedes Sprinter.
Andy Wells, of Hackney Borough Council, first saw the Night Owl mast systems at the Emergency Services Show in 2016. Andy discussed using a 360 Vision Predator camera, as this is the camera that has been in use with their surveillance vehicles for the past 8 years.
Woodway and 360 Vision worked together to propose the Night Owl Vehicle Surveillance Solution.
A versatile mobile surveillance unit.
A vehicle mounted space-saving pneumatic CCTV mast.
A solution that doesn’t require the vehicle to be permanently modified or damaged like traditional CCTV van conversions.
A system that will provide a great return on investment.
Incorporate 360 Vision’s Predator camera
The Night Owl Predator is incredibly versatile, making it ideal for many environments and events, and stows away without interference when not in use.
- Extending pneumatic telescopic mast up to 3m
- Can be fitted to various vehicles, including 4×4 and standard estate cars
- Self-contained, operating from the vehicle’s own battery
- High quality Predator camera, from 360 Vision
- View and save live camera footage by multiple viewers on different platforms and devices
- Compact, in-vehicle handset that allows for easy operation and installation, with backlit switches
- Automatic park facility, single tap parking option and on-board air regulator or compressor
- Fits to the vehicle’s roof rails, with virtually no modification and can be used on multiple vehicles
- Designed and built in Britain
“The Woodway system is a very capable mobile CCTV van and is being used across multiple operations. It will help us maintain Hackney as one of the best places to live in London.” ~ Andy Wells, Hackney Borough Council
The Night Owl Predator is a cost effective, adaptable, mobile system that meets all of the client’s requirements. This new approach allows the system to be removed and reinstalled to a new vehicle, and minimize costs associated with initial installation and the host vehicle.
Hackney Borough Council are pleased with their new solution and it is currently in use across various operations.
After such a positive result, Woodway are continuing to develop the Night Owl Predator to meet every changing requirements and offer new and improved benefits that can create bespoke solutions.