Location: Barnacle, Coventry
Salary: Competitive salary depending on qualifications and experience together with company pension, onsite parking, and other benefits.
We are seeking a suitably qualified accountant to join our management team. Woodway Engineering has been established for over 60 years and is a main supplier into the vehicle emergency lighting sector together with related products. It is located in a very pleasant village approximately 5 miles from Coventry and also Nuneaton. The post is office based.
The successful candidate will preferably be CIMA, ACA or ACCA qualified with a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience within practice or SMEs; although part-qualifies and QBE candidates will be considered. They will report directly to the Board of Directors and should have good communication skills together with excellent IT skills.
Experience in the use of a Microsoft ERP system is required, with knowledge of Business Central 21 an advantage. The successful candidate will play a key role in the selection and implementation of a new in-house payroll system. Good commercial awareness, and the ability to analyse financial information for the senior managers and directors is essential; as is the ability to problem solve, work independently and within a team.
- Manage a small team responsible for the daily accounting functions.
- Preparation of an overview of monthly results for distribution to other senior managers and the board.
- Lead the preparation of the annual budget, prepare quarterly management accounts including comparisons with forecast and analysis of variances.
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns and monthly payroll together with submitting all relevant information to HMRC.
- Assist in continuing to develop cost accounting practices within the various areas of the business including the introduction of new products and processes as well as assisting the sales team in pricing decisions.
- Take ‘ownership’ of all accounting processes as well as overseeing credit control.
- Prepare annual accounts for directors and for the year end audit.
To be considered for the role, please forward an up to date CV for the attention of Sue Klesniks, [email protected].